Interested sites should:
- Read through the Call for Implementation Site Applications.
- Identify a potential Foundations of Math instructor pair (a general education and special education pair is required) who have completed Level 1 training, and who will work with your site and submit an application for Level 2 instructor training.
- Contact Kate Fanelli (email@example.com) with questions.
- Submit an application using the link on the right.
Benefits of being an implementation site include:
- Having certified trainers by the end of the 2018/2019 school year, and local trainings during the 2019/2020 school year.
- Working closely with (Mi)2 and Foundations of Math course developers to bring a high quality professional learning opportunity to your teachers and provide feedback that helps shape future developments regarding the program.
- Experiencing results for your teachers and students on a shorter time line (versus waiting for full state scale up).
What is the difference between Level 1 and Level 2 Training?
A 5-day, state-level Foundations of Math training may serve up to two purposes. The audience may include a mix of people participating for their own professional learning, while others may be working toward Foundations of Math instructor certification. While both types of participants are going through the same experience, they have different expectations and different assignments.
- Level 1 training - The 5-day Foundations of Math course with an (Mi)^2 certified instructor, including Level 1 assignments, taken for one's own personal professional learning. This may or may not be a state-level offering.
- Level 2 training - A state-level 5-day Foundations of Math course with an (Mi)^2 certified instructor, including Level 2 assignments, taken by instructors-in-training toward instructor certification.
Click on the document title to download the document.
- Foundations of Math Program Overview Trifold
General overview of the training including evidence of need, description of the program, and indicators of success
- Foundations of Math Implementation Logic Model
Framework for the implementation and evaluation of the program
- 5-day Agenda
Breakdown of topics and assignments for the 5 days