Why Choose In-District Training?
In-district training is for those districts who do not want to send staff to attend a facilitator institute. Districts can locate facilitators using our custom map, and contact them to request a training.
By contacting a trained facilitator to come to your district, you decide when your training happens, and you won't have to wait for one of our larger facilitator trainings to take place.
Cost varies depending on setting and staffing. Typical costs will include:
- Teacher release time
- Participant materials (currently free—potential of nominal fee per person in future)
- Meeting space, food & beverage
- Facilitator mileage and fee if outside of district
The course consists of 3 full day sessions (6 hours each plus a 30 minute lunch). We recommend scheduling the sessions about 3-4 weeks apart.
Recruit 14-30 participants, including both special educators and math teachers. In order to maximize the impact of the course, we strongly recommend that math and special education teachers who teach the same children participate together.
We encourage math coaches, math coordinators, and special education leaders to participate in the course with teachers.
- Attend all three sessions
- Try ideas from the course with their students and reflect on their experiences by completing two assignments
- Participate in a minimum of three follow-up contacts with course leaders to strengthen implementation of new practices.